Thursday, August 11, 2011

The one with Baby's First Picture

We had our first ultrasound yesterday!

It was wonderful to be able to see the baby, to hear its heart beat (a very healthy 165 bpm!), and know that everything is just fine for the little prune!

I won't even try to make any sarcastic comments about the moment, it was wonderful. Tim got a bit teary eyed when we first heard that heartbeat :)

Instead I will share the first picture with you and apologize for the quality. It was a 3D scan, printed on 2D paper, and then uploaded to a computer... so its gotten a little fuzzy in the mix... I added where the limbs are so you can know what you're looking at (since at 10 weeks it looks more like an alien then a baby :)).


We have our next appointment in September, and we can find out the sex of the baby starting at 16 weeks, so hopefully by the beginning of October we will know if its a boy or girl (and I can start shopping!)....


2 comments:

  1. Oh Erica, I just got teary eyed too! This is so awesome for you guys!! Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh how sweet, I don't know you but anytime I see someones ultrasound pics I get a little teary eyed for them! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete