Monday, September 19, 2011

The One with the Cravings

Warning to Chelsea... you will probably be mad at me for this post because it will make you want to eat everything listed. Hey... I warned you :)


So people have been asking me if I've been craving anything, especially anything weird. For the past few weeks I'd tell them, no, not really... no huge cravings that I know of... but this is a lie. Not an INTENTIONAL lie, mind you, but still a lie. Or a blackout. I haven't decided which. Because there are some moments were some food is mentioned or there's a commercial on the TV and OMG I WANT IT NOW.


I always thought cravings meant something you craved throughout the pregnancy, so that's why I didn't think I really had any... because my cravings change about as often as my little diva changes my symptoms! One minute I'd be sitting there, trying to think of what sounded remotely good for dinner and what we had in the house when BAM! a Taco Bell commercial would come on the TV and OH MY GOSH I NEED A CHICKEN QUESADILLA RIGHT NOW!

And that's exactly how it happens... most of the time I'm not especially hungry, and nothing really sounds good. I'll nibble here and there but about once every 1-2 days IT will hit me... that got to have, don't care who gets it, what is this cost you speak of, craving for SOMETHING. Here is the list of the most persistant cravings... and possible most random ever:
  1. Taco Bell Chicken Quesadilla. I think I've had this at least 10 times in the past month. Maybe more. I tend to become too overjoyed while eating them to keep track.
  2. Sushi. Usually just sushi itself (a  nice California roll which is COOKED sushi)... but every once in awhile I will CRAVE that delicious spicy tuna roll... which is a big no-no for the raw fish and risk of mercury in tuna. Boooo.
  3. Blue Moon Beer. Since when did this beer start running commercials?! I'm pretty sure it started the day I got pregnant, and all I want is a delicious Blue Moon draft, with an orange slice on the side.
  4. Hot dogs. All day everyday. In fact, I had a footlong coney dog for lunch. Nutritious huh? Again, proving my theory that I'm carrying a redneck.
Those seem to be the nagging cravings that come and go. These are the random one-time cravings (for now!) that seem to have no reason!
  1. Shrimp. Specifically, hibachi-style shrimp. I mean... who doesn't want to pay an arm and a leg for a few pieces of shrimp and rice (but a show too!)...
  2. Brownies. If you recall, my random grocery shopping trip included the infamous pan of brownies that I ate (ok... maybe in like 2 days. DON'T JUDGE ME!) and haven't had the craving for since... although now that I'm thinking about it...
  3. Breadsticks. Only from Fazoli's though and I MIGHT'VE gone through the drive through and ordered a dozen. and they were gone by the next day. maybe.
  4. Cucumbers. With Italian dressing and salt on them. I had my fill and didn't look back... who needs veggies anyway.
  5. Hershey's cookies and cream. I haven't been craving sweets this pregnancy but every once in awhile the need strikes...
I'll have to update you on anymore of the randomness. That's all I've got for now. I really do have a theory going that this little diva is going to LOVE McDonald's. uh oh...

2 comments:

  1. Oh lord you didn't even list half of the things that you tell me throughout the day! Chef Boyardee, fried rice, pizza, chips & salsa (FROM CHILI'S OF COURSE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH How could I forget beefaroni (which now I want AHHHH!) or the Chili's nachos. mmmmm they still sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete