Thursday, September 22, 2011

The one with the survey

Ok... I'm  not feeling on my "A" game these days, and I think it's because Timmy has given me a cold. He CLAIMS he can't give me a cold if he doesn't have a cold himself but I disagree... that kid has the immune system of a god and NEVER gets sick (the last time he was sick was almost 2 years ago when the Army gave him the live flu virus). BUT I argue that all those little germs he's picking up from the high schools where hes recruiting at are CLEARLY jumping onto him and coming home with him. Because you know... I'm not out in public all day too but WHATEVER... I'm a little cranky these days too (yeah, in addition to hormonal..yayyyyyy!).

So instead of updating you on my adventures of trying to find a comfortable sleeping position and making Tim watch hours of "Ghost Hunters" where I won't let him fall asleep because hello? I can't watch that stuff alone... I'll just cop-out and do a survey today!

Due date:
March 9, 2012

How far along are you now?:
15 weeks & 6 days

Boy or girl?:
Ask me again in 2 days, around 11:00am!

Was baby planned?:
Uhhhh... define planned :)

Do you know who the babies father is?:
Well... since I was in Texas for work a week before I got pregnant, the ongoing rumor is the baby will be a little Jesus or Juan. I have faith that Timmy's BLINDING WHITE genes will put that rumor to rest ;)

If so, who is it?:
Timmy... or Juan...

How did you find out you were pregnant?:
Well they have this test that you pee on. I thought I was doing it for a science experiment, but apparently my body had different plans!

What were your first symptoms?:
At the very beginning? Tiredness and bloating

Who did you tell first?:
Timmy... I decided to wait until after the baby to tell Juan

Who was with you when you found out?:
Shadow and Callie (our pups) haha

How far were you when you found out?:
4 weeks... it was 2 days before my period was due

What was your reaction?:
The first time I took it, shock... then when I showed Timmy and he called me a crazy lady (see here) and I took it the second day... I felt smug. Then scared. In about 2 nanoseconds. but some excitement too I guess...

What was the baby's father's reaction?
First day he called me crazy (again... ) or maybe just said he didn't see it. Whatever, details... The second day I didn't get to see his reaction because I, uh, you know... TEXTED HIM THE PICTURE AT WORK... Hmmm someday I'll have to ask the guys in his recruiting station if he puked. and then when he got home he was a little excited too...

What was your parent's reactions?:
We told mom first because dad had just left to run an errand and Tim and I can't keep secrets to save our lives... she was SO excited and wanted to know when my dad and sister would be home because she was bursting at the seams. She was already testing out grandma or nana variations...

My dad was bombarded with the news when he walked into the house, just kind of looked at us, poured himself a drink (scotch maybe?) and just sat down... He told us congratuations but I don't think the shock wore off for a good 30 minutes! Then he called all his family and friends and got harrassed by everyone because he'll be the first one to be a grandpa! He already was lining out what SIU and Colts gear he would get the baby...

Any names?:
Uhhh one of the first days after we found out we started talking about names... and HATED each other's picks for names. We decided to table the discussion until after we know the gender :)... He can't hurt a pregnant lady right?!

Have you heard the heartbeat? If so what was the HR?:
Yes! twice at the doctor... first time was 165, second was 155...
Secret confession: I ordered a Sonoline B pocket fetal monitor last week for $53 and got it Friday night... I spent Friday night trying to find it with Tim cracking up at the sounds I was picking up (the placenta makes a "whooosing" noise) and it also picks up my heartbeat with the baby's... which sounds like a galloping horse. Add it all together and Tim thinks I've got a mini-version of Jersey Shore in my stomach, complete with baby fist-pumping. I've listened to it 4 or 5 times since but the baby is a little jumping bean and hard to nail down!

Baby ancestral types?:
my side: mostly Italian and Irish, but I've got some English and other random European bloodlines in there as well thanks Grandpa B!
tim's side: mostly Irish.... his siblings have names like "Loriegh, Bridget, Avryl, Culhain, Ehrina..." And we have a "MC" last name... do you sense a heritage there?!

Will baby have any siblings?:
For the first 3 months we swore we hoped we were having twins because this was the only time I was going through this... everyone has told me though that once you have the first baby you'll want more... and I don't think I want my child to be an only child... there's something special about having siblings so we'll see!

Have you and dad felt baby move?:
Not yet... I do have gas pains but I'm pretty sure its just gas pains...

Who will be in the delivery room?:
Tim... he did thist to me and he can be there to face the pain with me!

Will you use medication?:
oh HELL yes... immediately please!
On my first doc. appt I asked my doctor her views on medication in labor... She just started  laughing and said "Erica, I wouldn't ask you to get a tooth pulled without medication... why in the hell would I ask you to push a baby out without it?!"

I love her.

Did you have morning sickness?:
Yes. I'll just leave it at that. I'm sure you all have heard more then enough about it :)

Cravings?
Yep... and it changes EVERYDAY... the past two days it was homemade chicken noodle soup.

Did you have any mood swings?:
Does constant bitch mode count as a "swing?" (sorry Tim)

Formula or breastfeeding?:
I'm about 99.9% sure this baby will be lactose intolerant (as were my sister and I) so I'm just assuming formula. If the baby isn't... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!

When did you start to show?:
I think in the last day or two I'm getting to the point where I can't suck in my gut anymore, and its started to get harder... so I suppose around now. I don't think that I look pregnant yet to strangers though. Just that I like my doughnuts too much.. (whatever dude, you only WISH you could eat all those doughnuts...)

Are you excited?:
Yes... we are getting really excited. When we were talking about the ultrasound appointment on Saturday and Tim asked if I wanted to swing by Lowes after the appt. I asked him why and he said, "Because you know we will want to go get the colors for the nursery right then, and that's what can be our project for Saturday afternoon!"

Who will help with baby after their born?:
Tim... the Army will give him 10 days paternity leave so he can be home with me. In my head right now I want to start off on my own... I want to learn my own way with the baby and figure things out without fear of others being there to watch my mistakes. This is all in theory though and when in reality I'm sleep deprived  and overwhelmed I have faith my parents and/or sister will be at my doorstep. Hey there's a reason we moved just 15 minutes down the road!

What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?:
wait... there's supposed to be a good part to this!?!

just kidding... hearing the heartbeat and sharing the excitment with Tim is pretty good :)

What is the worst thing about being pregnant?:
All. The. Symptoms! and no drugs to make it better!

What one thing do you miss doing since being pregnant?:
Tanning! that might be superficial but I haven't been pale since I was 15 years old. It's going to be rough in the winter...

Any days you wish you weren't pregnant?:
No,  but there are days when I wish every pregnancy symptom would just go to hell

How many kids do you want?:
2 months ago? ONE

Now perhaps 2... I'm not even going to say the potential for 3 if the second one is as bad as the first!

How many pregnant women do you know?:
Two... one of the girls I work with and my cousin

Are you ready for baby?
define ready...

3 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind I copied this and then posted a link back to your post. I put the link in because one of your answers made me giggle and I quoted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek! I'm so excited for you to find out the sex!

    ReplyDelete